1. Remember to never split an infinitive.
2. Don't use no double negatives.
3. Use the semi-colon properly, always always use it where is appropriate;
and never where it isn't.
4. Reserve the apostrophe for it's proper use and omit it when its not needed.
5. Verbs has to agree with their subjects.
6. No sentence fragments.
7. Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
8. Avoid commas, that are not necessary.
9. If you reread your work, you will find on rereading that a lot of
repetition can be avoided by rereading and editing.
10. Give slang the elbow.
11. Don't overuse exclamation marks!!!!
12. Conversely it is encumbent on us to avoid archaisms.
13. Never, ever use repetitive redundancies.
14. Steer clear of incorrect forms of verbs that have snuck in the language.
15. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, resist hyperbole.
16. Also avoid awkward or affected alliteration.
17. Avoid trendy locutions that sound flaky.
18. Write all adverbial forms correct.
19. Take the bull by the hand: always pick on the correct idiom and avoid
20. Last but not least, avoid cliches like the plague, seek viable alternatives.
Collected by Daryl Martin