You Need to Build an Email List: Here are 5 Reasons Why
1. Email is Regularly Checked
Email is regularly checked. Whether it’s 1-3 times per day, 10 or more times per day, or throughout the day, emails are constantly checked. Even though people may not open your email, at least you know they’re seeing your name and message.
2. Email is QuietThe digital landscape is noisy. From countless social media updates, blog posts, videos, and more, there is a ton of noise vying for the attention of your audience.
This isn’t the case with emails.
It’s only you and your email recipient. And you have their attention for a brief moment of time.
3. Email is DirectYour emails are sent directly to a recipient. There’s no middleman, social media algorithm that limits who can read your message, or crapshoot hoping someone will actually see your message.
4. Email is Laser FocusedEmails are laser focused in their promotional efforts. Someone at some point-in-time has given you their permission to email them. They have expressed a level of interest in who you are, what you have to say, and what you’re offering. Basically, they’re expecting to receive a message from you.
5. Email is PersonalEmail is a one-to-one conversation between you and your email recipient. It might not be as personal as sitting down face-to-face with someone, but it’s one of the best ways to have an independent conversation online.
In the EndSending emails to your subscribers will out perform other digital marketing tactics…including social media. I have observed this personally and professionally time after time.
I encourage you to start building an email list now if you haven’t already.